Sunday, May 27, 2012

What Makes A Nice Balanced Glass OF Juice?

When  I started juicing the first thing I asked in groups was HOW Do I know WHAT TO JUICE? 
I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" by Joe Cross and joined his online Community, Join The Reboot.
There are a whole mess of good recipes to follow and weekly meal plans too. BUT I am one of those adventurous gals who is always in the kitchen or in front of my sewing machine making up my own thing, so I knew it would only be a matter of time before I would have to make up my own Juices.
So I had to know WHAT MAKES A Nice Balanced Glass of Juice?

I picked up a couple Juicing Books, got online and read  from some pretty knowledge folks and of course asked lots of questions in the Join the Reboot community as well as the Rebooter Buddies on Facebook.
One of the best books I can recommend is "The Juicing Bible" by Pat Crocker. My hubby gave it to me for my birthday along with Eat to Live and those to books already look like I have owned them for 5 years. (Been less than a month.)
 So the run of thumb for creating good healthy juices is to make your ratio at least 80% vegetable juice to 20% fruit juice. You can always create an all vegetable juice that would be wonderful and if you create all fruit juices now and again that is fine too...Just try not to make a habit of it. The reason being you don't want to have your blood sugar going through the roof and your weight going UP not down. The whole purpose of Juicing is to get HEALTHY so Juice responsibly. 
Did you notice the nice fresh glass of juice at the top of the page?
IT was one of our first Fresh Raw Juices we made. Nice Tasting too. Here is the Recipe
and a Peek at the Beautiful Bountiful that made it up.
 1Cucumber
3 Carrots
5 -6 Large Roma Tomatoes
1` Cup Broccoli
3 Stalks Celery
1 Small Beet 
2 Small Pieces of Cauliflower

When you are creating your juices, pick our the vegetable and fruit combos you want to juice together. Juice them and give them a taste. You can always add to your mixture. to suit your personal taste. Remember NO Recipe is written in stone. It is only a guide line for you to follow.
Use your taste buds and let your body guide you. Have fun and love to hear some of your recipes.
Have a Juicy Day!
~Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment