Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chips And Salsa Juice Recipe

My niece and her husband recently started on their own juice journey and I must say it sounds like it has been a wonderful one for them as well. She text-ed me a recipe that her hubby came up with that sound just wonderful. I added my spin (which I will note) and I must say this is the only way to celebrate the FOURTH OF JULY if you are Juicing! I mean come on everyone will be cooking out and munching out on chips and salsa... WELL, they makes it possible for us juicers to do so as well.

Chips and Salsa Juice
(Makes  40 oz of Juice)


6 Ears of Corn (cut the kernels off)
3 Bell Peppers
6 Tomatoes (Charlie uses Roma... I used Beef Steak)
3 jalapeno peppers
4 green onion stalks (I add the bulbs as well)
1 clove of garlic
3 limes (peeled)
Now what Salsa is without Cilantro? So my twist is
1 handful of cilantro.

Now I know you are thinking HOW in the world are you going to juice kernels of corn? Well, my niece gave me a hint that made it so simple and easy.
Turn off your juicer.
Place your corn kernels into the food shoot.

Place the plunger on top and THEN turn the juicer on.
You will need to do this each time you empty our the food shoot but it works...I promise you! You will get the most amazing Corn Milk!
After you "juice' your corn then follow with the rest of your produce. As my niece warned me, I will warn you... Don't take a single sip of the corn milk or there will be none left for your salsa!

Have a great Holiday!
Til Tomorrow
~Sandi





No comments:

Post a Comment